|This page contains the Fallout Fanfiction and Roleplaying Wiki's editing guideline. It describes in which style articles on the Fallout wiki should be written and how the various formatting options should be applied.|
- The Fallout Fanfiction and Roleplaying Wiki uses American English and follows the Wikipedia Manual of Style. Where there is a conflict between the manual of style and Fallout Roleplaying Wiki formatting policies, local guidelines supersede those of Wikipedia.
- Content should be written in an encyclopedic tone. Descriptions should be clear and precise.
- Do not be overly specific or flowery when writing.
- Editors should use full sentences.
- Colloquialisms, slang, l33t speak and other informal styles are not acceptable, excluding quotes.
- Articles should be written in the present tense except when relating to events that took place before 2287, which is considered the "current era."
Contributions should only use third-person point of view as followed. Elements that are quoted, such as character quotes, terminal transcripts, and notes, are excluded from this rule.
- Article page names and links should not be overcapitalized, meaning they use sentence capitalization, excluding proper nouns.
- Generic character names should not be capitalized, unless it can be misinterpreted and its meaning unclear, like Gunner (a member of a specific mercenary faction) and gunner (might be a gunman or something else).
- Incorrect: A Raider killed a Super Mutant with an Assault Rifle.
- Incorrect: A team of gunners was spotted near that area.
- Correct: A raider killed a super mutant with an assault rifle.
- Correct: A team of Gunners was spotted near that area.
- Species names should not be capitalized. In the same way as cat or dog would not be capitalized, deathclaw and ghoul are also not capitalized.
- Incorrect: The Deathclaws were originally created before the Great War.
- Incorrect: As with normal Ghouls, Feral Ghouls are extremely resistant to radiation.
- Correct: The deathclaws were originally created before the Great War.
- Correct: As with normal ghouls, feral ghouls are extremely resistant to radiation.
- If it's not clear whether a name is a proper name or a common one, naming should be discussed and decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Do not overlink. Generally, a page should be linked from a given article only once, on its first occurrence. Links may be repeated if the first link is far up the page or if the manner the word is used in makes it necessary (e.g. in summary lists).
- Only add attribution to the "designed by" area of infoboxes or in "WIP" templates. Do not add any additional templates or references that link toward your user page, as they will be deleted and you will receive a warning.
- If you are new to wikis, please see our welcome page for additional resources.
- To learn the basics of editing a wiki, see Nukapedia's page editing guide.
- For more help, please visit Nukapedia's Vault Academy for tutoring.
- Bold the article name the first time it appears in the article itself. Any alternative names should also be bolded at their first occurrence.
- Avoid using bold formatting for general emphasis.
- Italics should be used for the titles of books and games.
- Avoid using italic formatting for general emphasis.
The Fallout Roleplaying Wiki has a custom CSS class for tables called by the "va-table" variable. It should be used for all visible tables in articles.